Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vacuum

I have been spending too much time docked up. The interface problems I have been experiencing seem to be too hard for the techs to pin down. It has left me with a lot of time to read, catch up on things I may or may not have once known, and to think. I've been thinking too much... mostly about snow angels...

When I first got out here, past the reach of the Empires, I was shocked at how busy it was. The stations are teeming, the systems hardly ever empty... I don't know why I expected it to be different... perhaps because the Empires had me convinced they were civilization. I see now what many have seen before me, the Empires are old civilization. The frontier of humanity is here. Here is where the old paradigms are shifted, examined, played with and pushed. It is here that the future lies.

As busy as it is out here, my pod problems have kept me away from it. Everything I knew and forgot, everything I relearned, is far away from here. It has had the effect of isolating me in reality the way I had felt before, now I am. It is good actually. It has given me much time to consider the Sister's teachings, and what everything means.

I miss the snow angels though...

No comments:

Post a Comment