Thursday, January 27, 2011

Future Tense

I met with the Sisters of Eve agent yesterday and they agreed to take me on. They said that as long as I was in their employ they would see to it that my slave status was superceded. I am excited for the new opportunities, and to learn of their views of God. I crave so much knowledge. I am also scared. Esna was kind enough to allow me into his home and it became mine. I am nervous about leaving it.

They told me I was not to tell people of the nature of my work, only that I was going out to null sec. When I spoke with Esna, he said it was okay, that I could still be his slave and keep these secrets as long as required if I checked in with him and kept him updated. I feel a little strange, having secrets. It's a new experience for me. Or will be when I actually have them.

I turned in my roles and  packed my belongings, which really weren't much - some clothes Esna gave me, a collar, a ring, and some earrings marking me as Esna's, and the stem of a rose. It is weird to realize the petals scattered on the grounds outside the Keep are all I am really leaving behind that will mark my presence here. Well, and the snow angels I've been maintaining, but those will be erased by the first snow fall. The same snow that will bury whatever petals haven't blown away.

I said goodbye to Esna that night, which was good, cause I didn't see him at all the next day. I tried to get in on a couple patrols the next morning and then spent the rest of my last day ambling around the Keep alone. Only Selkie and her fiancee Rusty came to see me off.

I don't think they saw me crying as I headed to the shuttle bay...

No comments:

Post a Comment